Fort William Highland Backpackers Hostel
Deep in the Highlands, surrounded by spectacular mountain views lies Fort William, The Outdoor Capital associated with UNITED KINGDOM and a Mecca for those with a spirit of adventure.
Ben Nevis, the UK’s greatest hill, sits just around the corner and below it lies Glen Nevis -perhaps the prettiest Glen in Scotland along with it’s wonderful waterfalls & old pine woodland.
Nestling on a hillside above the town, with wonderful views, our characterful and comfy hostel provides every little thing you’ll need after an adventure in hills. Our dorm spaces are small with at the most eight beds and all beds are made with sheets, duvets and 2 fluffy pillows. We have a self-catering cooking area with whatever you will need and a spacious living area overlooking our patio and hills beyond. In the evening put your legs up inside our elegant lounge in front of a real fire or walk down to the selection of local bars and restaurants that are virtually mins away. Whenever weather’s good perhaps we’ll be having a barbecue or a camp fire on our patio so come and join us!
You could begin or finish the ‘West Highland Way’ & the ‘Great Glen Method’ in Fort William, hike or bicycle along mountain trails, canoe or kayak the vast assortment of neighborhood liquid, get ski-ing & snowboarding, mountaineering & ice climbing, white-water rafting & canyoning, tackle some sort of Cup mountain bike trail, go after a motorboat travel on Loch Linnhe to meet up with the seals or relax and go on it easy amidst the beautiful views. Fort William may be the Outdoor Capital of this UNITED KINGDOM and remains busy throughout every season with outside lovers which can’t get enough of those activities available.
For excellent days out we recommend you:
- Climb the mighty Ben Nevis – we could supply maps & advice and that can book local mountain guides if required.
- Browse Nevis Range (snowsports, mountainbiking, high-wire adventure, paragliding & famous ceilidhs!)
- Look at the awe-inspiring and eerie Glen Coe.
- Go with a drive along the prettiest roadways in the Highlands, The ‘Road to your Isles’, and luxuriate in a picnic regarding spectacular Silver Sands.
- Take the Jacobite steam train to Mallaig and review the Glenfinnan viaduct just like Harry Potter from the Hogwarts Express.
- Go water Kayaking from the West shore and see the stunning wildlife around our coast.
- Get white water rafting, canyoning, river bugging & gorge walking.
- Go Ice Climbing, throughout the year, on Ice consider Kinlochleven.
Our friendly, award-winning staff are committed to making certain you will be making many of energy in Fort William. Additionally they LOVE the outside and can provide you with their ‘Top guidelines’ to help you plan your adventure.
Only at Fort William Backpackers we provide fantastic services, including:
- Panoramic views
- Friendly, knowledgeable, award-winning staff
- Cosy & sociable atmosphere
- Comfortable beds including all linen, duvet & 2 pillows!
- Great showers
- Totally equipped self-catering cooking area.
- Spacious living area with lots of regional tips.
- Continental style break fast – £2.00 for a wee little bit of every thing (juice, cereal, toast, and newly baked Scottish scones!)
- FREE beverage, coffee & hot chocolate
- Free WiFi in public areas and a personal ‘Skype Den’.
- Online cafe-style computers – £1 for 30 minutes.
- Laundry provider £3.50 – we will clean, dried out & fold your laundry
- Towel hire – £1.00
- Free utilization of Hair dryer & Straighteners
- Free Parking
- Bicycle Lose & Bicycle Wash Facilities
- Drying out place for soggy equipment
- BBQ & Exterior Fire Pit
Please be sure that you bring photographic ID – you'll need that it is capable register to the hostel.
If any visitor inside your booking is in chronilogical age of 18, please contact us before making the booking online.
The hostel reception is open from 7am-12pm after which from 5pm-10.30pm. If you get to the mid-day feel free to leave your bags, assist yourselves to a cup of tea and then check-in between 5pm-10.30pm.