Landscape Fort William Scotland
The exterior Capital has actually a huge selection of miles of coastline, which is residence to an excellent marine environment, including dolphins and whales, plus some associated with the biggest choices of seabirds anywhere in European countries. Inland, there are lots of streams, lochs and waterways to explore; including the Caledonian Canal connecting the east coast at Inverness using west coastline at Corpach near Fort William highlighting the real human presence close to it because has changed through the entire years.
Discover the Lochaber Geopark its aim would be to boost knowing of the extraordinary tale behind the formation of your local landscape. Learn here about some of the amazing geological events which may have shaped this an element of the Highlands, also see local activities or worldwide earthquake information in our news part.
Scotland will commemorate its outstanding natural beauty using the “Year of normal Scotland 2013”.
- Forestry Commission Scotland serves as the forestry directorate of Scottish Government. To get more information on who we have been and that which we do, see the About Us section.
- The Lochaber location is celebrated for Ben Nevis as well as its spectacular views, using aim of increasing awareness of the extraordinary story behind the synthesis of the neighborhood landscape.
- In western Highland we have been privileged to operate this kind of a beautiful area - the spectacular hills and hills regarding the west, the remarkable coastline studded with islands big and little, from Skye to Glencoe.
- Situated as far west as you are able to go on the Brit mainland, this will be the very few these types of forests staying in Europe.
- What exactly isn't any Fuss about? Well essentially we love the outdoors, we love events plus the enjoyable, camaraderie and craic. We've attempted to strip right back a few of the foibles associated with recreation that can be a wee bit off putting at times.